Monday, July 05, 2010

Random 12

Sometimes there are so many things I wanna blog about it but when I switch on the computer, I forgotten about it. Sigh~

Been having flu from last week till now. It got better.. but not recover from it yet.

Had also been going to a few interviews but all wait for calls la.

Yesterday I chanced upon a discussion on a report titled "Job-seekers Reject Offer", according to some survey. So, a lot of people were unhappy with this report and doubt the accuracy of the surveys. They were saying something like most job-seekers will accept the job unless that person has enough savings to 'wait' for their 'dream job' while some others were putting the blame on foreigners.

Well, I have not read the reports but I had already lost trust to the statistic reported on local media.

My previous company has whole lots of "FTs". One comes here, get a job, stablize, bring friends/girlfriends/boyfriends/wives over here. Soon, the whole generation of family will move here. Yes, I know it is happening everywhere in the world and everyone has the freedom to choose where and what they want to be. But I dont know why our doors are so wide open. So much so that I feel suffocated.

Sigh~ All I can say is, let nature take its course.

At times I have the feeling that I am not a Singaporean in my homeland anymore. I felt like a "tourist" in this piece of land. Whatever happened to National Education, the national pledge, the national song, our history? How many people now remember all these and understand what it means? Where is the pride?

Perhaps all these are not that 'important' anymore. What's important is that you have money. Money makes the world go round. With money, anything is possible. Except for true happiness...

No comments: