Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Last Shot

The year 2016 ended peacefully. I was at home watching the Taiwan countdown show on tv and went to sleep after that. No drama, no celebrations.

This is how I want it to be even though it could have been better. At least it's peaceful.

This whole month was about rushing through assignments and presentations. Somehow, one of our group mate suddenly stopped responding to us after numerous texts and calls. We needed him to respond as we have a group report and presentation upcoming but we have yet to do anything. All of us got so frustrated and felt that we were probably at fault for his attitude towards us. We made assumptions that maybe he does not want to put so much effort for the group cause our quality of work were mediocre and it's sort of unfair to him to produce good quality work and the rest of us ride of this for better grade.

And so, we heard from one of the staff in school that he applied for 1 week urgent leave. No one knows what happened except his superior.

One of us felt guilty for making such assumptions. But I think he could have told us "personal issue" without elaborating on details and I believed all of us will understand and not pursue on. If it's really not about us for his behaviour, I will not hold it against him unless if the reason is because of the group, then I would think that he is being irresponsible for "playing MIA".

Humans are judgemental and that is one of our weaknesses. We judge before looking at another side of the story and it is easy to influence the others to think as what you judge.

Shall see how this week goes when we have the presentation.

Last shot to go before I graduate!

No comments: