Saturday, December 31, 2016

BYE YEAR 2016!

Everyone has been posting on social media about how their 2016 have been. Good and/or bad, it doesn't really matter anymore. As I am writing this post, there are 2 more hours (Singapore) to go before we hit 2017. This is the first time I am going to blog about my Year in Review. Let's see how much I remember.

- My secondary school friend, C got married in January and I was one of her sisters. First time as an emcee of a wedding event.

- Did my first eyebrow embroidery in March.

- Ended a 3-years relationship in April.

- Went to Kenting, Taiwan with E in May.

- Started Degree course in June.

- Mayday JUST ROCK IT concert in June.

- Got into an accident while riding on Uber. Thankfully no injuries.

- New floor tiles for the house.

- Went to Yangon, Myanmar. Was eye-opening about the culture and everything.


Two events leave quite a deep impact on me. The break-up and studying.

Some people may say it's not such as big deal to break off with someone, you will get through it. I know, I know I will get through it in a matter of time. The breaking point for me would be betrayal, breaking my trust in a person. Be it friendship, kinship or relationship, I guess this is as far as I can tolerate. Traits of a Taurus, so true. I could still recall how that tough times were. For a week, I couldn't sleep despite having to go work on the next day. Pretending that you are okay when you are not okay at all. I lost weight even though I eat as usual. My body is just not absorbing what it should be because I am drained emotionally. That lasted for a week. ONLY a week. Haha! THANKFULLY, my friend JQ and E were supporting me throughout. I feel blessed to have people who cares around me including my own family.

On a positive note, I've learnt a lot. It is clear now what kind of a person I cannot be with and it's proven that some things just cannot be compromise. It is also very important that both has similar values in life. It does not have to be exactly the same but somewhat similar. It's effort and hard work to keep a relationship going. The willingness of both parties. It takes courage. I don't know if I can pluck up that courage again but for now, #YOLO! Hahaha

Started on the Degree course somewhere in April for bridging courses through to degree modules. It is seriously exhausting to juggle between working full-time and doing part-time degree course plus assignments. (I think I mentioned like xxx number of times. lol) I did have some doubts if this is worth it and asked myself why I should do this. Is it necessary? Who can guarantee that getting another higher level of certificate gives you a better job prospects and salary? No one. At least I learn something. "Learning is a lifelong journey." Anyway, I'll be completing it in end of next month. Fighting!!!

Ease into 2017, I hope to travel more, learn more, be more positive and spread around. Do something new? Perhaps volunteering work.

Happy New Year everyone! Make it count!

No comments: