I seldom do 2 posts in a day but somehow, I just have this strong urge to write something. Yeah, inspiration.
This is about "Marriage".
The perfect life-line of a person be it a guy or a girl would be, graduate from school -> step into society to work -> build up a career -> have a partner -> marry -> have kids -> grow old -> the end.
This should be the way but this is NOT the case nowadays. I've heard people divorcing after getting married for like 6 months? Kids with single parent.. blah blah blah~ Well, they have their reasons.
When you have a partner for a long time, say, more than 3 years, people will start to ask this common question "When are you guys getting married?". This is a question which is easy AND difficult to answer. Easy to answer because you guys have already planned/committed to do so in x number of months or years later. It is difficult to answer this question because you guys have not talk about it, much less the planning. Or if one party is not ready to commit. There can be many reasons as to why one is not ready to commit. Perhaps one has already been working for a few years while another just graduated from school. Perhaps one has many things to achieve? Perhaps it's because of finance?
Some say when you've reach a certain age, you see your peers getting married one by one and you dont want to feel "left out", you get worried. Some say the feeling of getting married comes when you've reach a certain stage in your life.
I wonder, what's the purpose of getting married? Cousin E said "People get married because they wanna have kids." I asked a married colleague and she said the same thing despite the fact that she doesnt have a kid. She told me she is still happy this way but sometimes when she sees her friend who have kids waiting for them, she feels a little envy. Quite true. You get married and have kids, both of you have another future goals to look forward together. But if you dont intend to have kids, at present it's both of you. In the future it's also the both of you.
Marriage is just an official/legal certificate to declare that this two person are married in the eyes of the law.
Bottom line is, I feel that I am not ready yet. Freedom rules now.
1 comment:
Don't worry la.. still young
Post a Comment