Woah! Was shocked to learn that an NTU professor was stabbed by a final-year student. I think this is the first case that happened in Singapore school campus..
"Singapore's NTU stabbing incident leaves one dead and another injured"
SINGAPORE: A final year engineering student at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) jumped from a campus block after stabbing a professor Monday morning.
The professor was in his office at the engineering faculty when the student stabbed him in the back with a knife, leaving him injured.
After stabbing, the male student, who was in his 20s, slit his wrists and jumped off a five-storey high building. - Channel News Asia, 02 March 2009.
That student must be mad. Cant help but to link it to the cases in US.
The difference is that it is illegal to own a gun in Singapore.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How how how! I have no motivation to do my graduation project which I need to complete 3 quarter of it by this Friday! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
1 comment:
I'm not surprised at all. The education system in Singapore is too rigid, focused too heavily on academic performance and lacking in creativity amongst others. The pressure on the students has only manage to create what I call walking zombies. The time bomb is bound to explode and it just happened.
Post a Comment